- » Phoenix, AZ : December 5 – 6 , 2013
Early sign up: $395
Late sign up – 30 days or less prior to course: $500
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: 16.0 contact hours
Workshops endorsed by ISSN, a world leader in presenting, promoting and sharing cutting edge sports nutrition research.
Fuel Their Performance – Fuel Their Success
This workshop is designed for the Registered Dietitian looking to enhance both their sport & wellness nutrition knowledge. Focus will be placed on bridging the gap between science and practical application, in pursuit of furthering the attendee’s own specialized skill set. If you are looking to dig deeper into assessment, recovery nutrition, supplementation and sport specific demands; this is the course for you!
Proficiency will be gained in:
- - Client assessment and evaluation skills
- - Knowledge and comprehension of the integrated approach to athlete care
- - Fueling plan guidelines
- - Nutrient timing and recovery prescriptions
- - Tools to assess outcomes to the nutrition plan of care
- - Comprehension of effective ergogenic aids
Additionally, attendees will gain insight into the strategies that are being utilized to support the performance of the world’s most elite athletes, America’s military, and employees of many industry leading companies.
Proven Industry Experience
This workshop is taught by our Performance Nutritionists, all of whom are Registered Dietitians and Board Certified Specialists in Sports Dietetics (CSSD). Our staff has over 20 years of combined practical experience supporting professional athletes of every major sport around the world through Athletes’ Performance as well as adults of various fitness levels and goals through Core Performance Wellness.
It is our mission to share real world experiences and knowledge to help develop your current nutrition systems to help your athletes and clients achieve optimal physical performance & wellness.
Registered dietitians and those with advanced nutrition experience looking for a deeper understanding of sports and wellness nutrition practices.
Workshop Topics Include
- - Identifying and applying appropriate assessment and anthropometric techniques for your practice.
- - Transforming science based principles into real world application
- - Integrating your nutrition systems and programs with your client’s performance training program
- - Roles of micronutrient and macronutrients in performance for all fitness levels
- - Exploring the fueling demands of different energy systems and training volumes
- - Scientific principles of recovery nutrition and nutrient timing for all fitness levels
- - Identifying safe and effective ergogenic acids
- - Travel nutrition strategies
- - Take home USB drive with course programs and working library of the latest scientific research papers
- - Exclusive discounts from Athletes’ Performance partners
- - 6-month complimentary membership to Core Performance
- - Lunch included from our culinary staff Friday & Saturday
- - Athletes’ Performance t-shirt
- - Certificate of completion